Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

Childless

Growing up, I would always play family pretend games and would take care of my baby dolls. Not many people I knew of had no children. Now as the years have gone by and women are becoming more independent, the birth rate is decreasing and more and more women aren't having children. Personally, when I'm older, I plan on having a few children. But when it comes to other people's choice on whether or not they are going to have children doesnt bother me. If someone chooses not to have children, it's their own choice. In the article, "None is Enough", the examples of people giving their reasons why they don't want to have children makes sense. One quote that stuck out to me the most was "everyone with a womb doesn't have to have a child anymore than everybody with vocal cords has to be an opera singer" After reading this, I thought about it and realize the truth in it. Not everyone has to be a parent even though that has been the ideal image for women when they grow up. People shouldn't put down women's choices not to have children unless they are ready for someone to put down their choice of having children. Not having children shouldn't be shamed or discouraged, nor should it be encouraged. If someone doesn't want to have a child then they don't need too. Having a child is hard and time consuming and some people don't have time for that.  Some people who haven't had children don't regret their choice or think that their choice is wrong. Just because someone doesn't want a child doesn't mean that they hate children, they could love children but what they're doing with their life is more important to them. Making something out of their life shouldn't be hated on. Not having children is understandable though; sleepless nights and stress
next 18+ years. For myself, I can't imagine myself not having any children even with the 8 other siblings that I have. I definitely do not want eight children but three or four sounds fine to me. I think that if you don't have children there is going to be something missing in your life whether you care or not. Every woman has a special gift of being able to carry a child and I think that if you are able to, you should take advantage of the situation but if someone doesn't want to then that's their choice and you can't change their mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment