Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Courage

A few years ago one day, I went to the mall with my 3 friends, Emily Lauren and Dan. We were walking around Emerald Square Mall when a group of immature teenagers started chanting gay-comments towards Dan. The group started laughing and pointing towards him, with a few of them calling him a "fag" under their breath. Seeing the hurt look on Dan's face while he tried to hide it made me and Emily go up to them and tell them off. We both told the group to stop being immature and talked about equal rights for everyone. Some of them laughed, some of them apologized. Our courage to go up to those kids made me proud because I stood up for what I believe in and made Dan happier.  

1 comment:

  1. You talked about equal rights for everyone...that was an impressive thing to do with bullies. Not the usually path most people go. Bet that dialogue would make a good narrative.

    ReplyDelete